Getting the Most Out of a Kitchen Renovation in Orange County, CA
Are you looking to get the most out of a kitchen renovation in Orange County, CA? A kitchen renovation is one of the best ways to increase your home’s value as long as you do it the right way. The kitchen is one of the places where the homeowner will spend a lot of the time and it has to be both aesthetically pleasing and functional. If you want to get the most out of your kitchen renovation in Orange County, California without spending too much money, pay attention to the following tips.
- Don’t Move the Plumbing
Avoid the reconfiguration of sinks, ovens, and dishwashers just because you want to relocate them. This will require moving the plumbing and/or gas line, which is costly and complicated, particularly if your house is old. Splurging on moving the plumbing or gas often won’t give you a high return on investment.
- Make Sure to Create Enough Storage Space
Your kitchen also serves a functional purpose, and your potential buyers will appreciate that you include as many storage options as possible, which will also help them keep the kitchen more organized. Some great options to add more storage space when you are renovating the kitchen are:
- Add narrow shelves anywhere you can. They are able to store a couple of bottles or jars and you will never lose anything.
- Extend your cabinets all the way up to the ceiling. Your prospective buyers will be able to use that space to store things that they don’t use often.
- When you are designing the interior of the cabinets include some storage options such as spice trays, utensil dividers, pan racks, and set different heights of shelving.
- Add an island. It won’t only make your kitchen look aesthetically pleasing but you can place cabinets under the island and use the counter space on the island as well.
- If you have certain areas where you can’t add cabinets, consider open shelves. They have a casual style and can work in a kitchen where there are too many cabinets.
- Consider Your Appliances Early
Buying new appliances can definitely make your kitchen more attractive and give it a modern twist. Make sure to choose them early when redesigning your kitchen, because you need to take into consideration the width, depth, and leave clearance. You should also ensure that the appliances match together as this will give you a high-end designer look.
- Consider Quartz as Your Countertop Material
Quartz is a material that looks like stone. It comes in a wide range of looks that work for different kitchen styles, and the best part is that it is durable. It doesn’t require sealing and the material doesn’t stain, chip, or scratch. It isn’t high maintenance, which is something that your prospective buyers will love.
- Splurge on Fixtures
The fixtures are some of the parts that the future homeowner will use the most, so get the best possible sink and fixtures and make sure they have the same or a coordinating finish.
The tips mentioned above will definitely make your kitchen renovation process easier. If you are looking to sell your house, however, you should contact us before renovating the kitchen. Our company in Orange County, California specializes in buying properties for cash and then fixing them up. If you’re looking to renovate your kitchen to sell the home, why not let us lend a hand? In fact, we’ll buy your property from you as-is, and you can have cash in hand within 7-10 days!